No, let me state that again, No reason to take a cab.. Explore your options and shop around. Taxis are the most expensive option and you have to tip on top of the fare.
- McCarran Rent-A-Car Center. You will find Hertz, Dollar, etc and if you shop around you can land a car for $9-15/day for a sub-compact to get you around. You can plan ahead and shop around to get a great deal on car rentals in Las Vegas.
- Uber/Lyft - has their own stands at most Hotel & Casino’s as well as other local hotspots welcome these services.
- Shuttles to/from Airport – During most normal hours, you can get roundtrip fare on shuttles for about $12-15 dollars. They will drop you off at valet/front entrances of most properties. Only issue we’ve experienced is that you have to stop at multiple properties to pick up / drop-off so make sure you allow for 30-45min extra each way.
- Limos – You can get Limo service to/from the airport as well. Check local for best deals
- Trams – Wouldn’t recommend since you have to walk far to the back of most properties and the charge is more then what you’d pay for Uber/Lyft or daily rental.. However if you plan on being intoxicated during your visit, do not drive! Too many options!
- From Airport $20-50 each way
- To Downtown $10-30 each way
- Best rates can be found on stays Sunday – Thursday – Check the events going on in Las Vegas. If special or big events are coming for a particular date/weekend the rates will rise dramatically.
- Sign up for Total Rewards, MLife and individual Hotel & Casino clubs to get the special discount codes and promotions to save money at the best Hotels both off and on the Strip. Booking ahead will save money, things change so quickly in Vegas so if you can plan ahead the better off you will be.
- Resort fees: Resort fees $30-50 per day do pay for your ‘free’ amenities, internet, gym, pool and
Here’s A Tip- Sometimes fee’s will cover some added benefits like ‘free spa access’ or ‘free paper’ or ‘free bottle of water’ in your room.
Here’s A Tip- Parking fees (MGM Properties) Link – Rip OFF - make sure you park at Total Rewards Hotel Casino’s or Uber/Lyft! IF you rent a car.. Plenty of ride share, tram, bus options to use and remove this from your budget all together!
- Ask for an upgraded view or upgraded room. Depending on the time of year and if any big events are going on you might get an upgrade!
Here’s A Tip- When you ask for a room or view upgrade be sure to slip them a $20 sometimes it’ll helps!! But play it cool, they’re used to it!